Monday, July 19, 2010

Chanel Rouge Coco in Cambon

What words do I associate with Chanel? Grace, femininity, luxury, class, style, expensive. I might never be able to buy a Chanel 25.5 bag (someday, someday) nor the suit. I don't think I would be able to have the pose and the style that Coco Chanel might give a nod to, but by all the power of beauty goddesses, I shall be able to wear Chanel lipsticks and carry each well.

Thanks to Indrya, who helped me purchase Chanel Rouge Coco lipstick, I'm now the proud owner of Cambon. Yay!



Rouge Coco line was launched last March and it was a pretty huge collection with 30 different colors (US$30, RM95) each of its name was inspired by Coco Chanel's life. Vanessa Paradis, the icon of the collection, was sporting "Mademoiselle", by the way.

Peter Philips’, Global Creative Director of Chanel Makeup, said that
Rouge Coco fascinates me, because I’ve never seen a texture this comfortable and easy to apply. It’s the ready-to-wear lipstick. Just one sweep over the lips colours them and covers them in a melt-away balm … I like the idea that women from the gloss generation, who are afraid of lipstick, can return to this essentially feminine beauty step with Rouge Coco.
I think what drew me in to Rouge Coco lipstick was because it seemed soft with a touch of sheerness to it and yet. I'm a fan of lipsticks and although a nice coverage is great, sometimes I want to wear a lipstick which whispers the color instead of announcing its presence. I know a lip gloss is an alternative for a sheer wash of color, but I have to admit, some formula can get uber-sticky and make lips seemed like they're covered with saliva (ick!). And shall I mention the staying power? Almost non-existent. So I'm always leaning toward lipstick when I'm on my lipstick binge.

Here's a picture of my Cambon and me wearing the lipstick. Don't you think I look faboosh?



No comments: