Sunday, July 18, 2010

All about Lipsticks - Maybelline Colorsensational

Having been a lipstick junkie all my life, the minute an opportunity to get more lipsticks arrived, I'd immediately be clicking sites for swatches, salivating over new colors, latest collection from X brands and when my evil shopping twin's around, I'd click buy, buy, buy!

And when the goodies arrived, I would be so excited until I saw the lipstick. Oh. I had that color already. At a fraction of the price. As in the case with Maybelline Colorsensation 205 Nearly There and Oriflame Color Attraction Metallic Nude (Rp. 75.000 vs. Rp. 20.000). Bwaaahhh! They're exactly a dupe, down to the shimmer.

See for yourself here:





Maybelline Colorsensational 025 Pink Please is also another dupe for something which I already own (just need a little diggin, y'all). So, *sighs* Me:0 - Online Shopping: 2



Pink Please is slightly easy on the eyes. The swatch on hand isn't exactly accurate. I'd say the picture of the lipstick above is true to its color.

I rummaged through my work desk, and swatched some lipsticks that was in the same color family; pink nude.



Left to Right: Oriflame Vivid Baby Beige 4286, Maybelline Colorsensational 025 Pink Please, Revlon Superlustrous Ginger Rose 131


Oh well.

On a side note, don't you just love it when the online shop owner sent you a cute little thank-you card along with your purchase? How courteous! See, sometimes this little note is all it takes to make buyers recommend the store and at least browse the shop. I salute Doreen Valencia from http://beautedeamour.multiply.com. She also has a fanpage : beautedeamour.




So, to all nude-lipstick explorers out there, check for dupes first in your drawers, dressing tables, cosmetic bags, etc, before you try purchasing another one. Leason learned.

No comments: